External links are a link point from an external website to your site or linking from your website to another website to provide the additional information for the users. Linking your website with the high authority and trust websites help to increase your website your rankings. An external link is also known as outbound links.
The quality and quantity appear in the external link must be very important. If you are adding the trust and high authority websites to your site help to bring the trust or believable to your website. If you are adding the poor quality links to your website will affect your site also.
Linking to the external websites is not matter, but you should link websites whose content is related to your website is important.
The exchange of the link should be important and it helps the search engine to believe your website is trustworthy.
Importance of external links in SEO:
External links play an important role in increasing the ranking of your website. Some of the important features are:
- Increase the relevance and visibility of your website.
- Increase backlinking opportunities.
- Add value to user experience.
Internal links are a link from one page to another page on the same website or domain. These links help to increase page authority. Internal links are useful for the users, by using these links they can easily move from one page to another. When one page on your website links to the other pages of your website it has some authority of the page which helps to increase the rank in the search engine.
Importance of internal links in SEO:
Internal links help Google to find, index, and find all the pages on your site. Internal links help the users to navigate to the topics through the content.
- Use the Keywords in the anchor text.
- Keep the minimum number of links per page.
- Link your page from high authority pages.
Backlinks are important to help search engines for fast indexing of your site. The other benefit of the backlink is referral traffic.
Nofollow and Dofollow link:
- The Nofollow link means it brings the traffic to your website but it does not increase the ranking in search engines. To avoid the penalty in the search engine you can make the link as no-follow. Simply, saying the search engine not to count this link.
- The Dofollow link means to bring traffic to your website, helps to boost your website ranking. Simply, saying the search engine to count the link. When you allow the search engine to count the link it crawls the content in the link and checks the authority of the website. If the link has some penalty means it affects your ranking also.
You can also refer to this link to get more knowledge about On-page SEO and it’s a factor.
You can also refer to this link to get more knowledge about Off-Page SEO and its importance.